TikTok isn’t only for jigging Gen Zers or prank-loving comedians. Whereas it won’t be as stiff and severe as among the different social media platforms, you should utilize TikTok for your online business to see unbelievable outcomes—you simply must understand how.
Get your TikTok enterprise technique proper, and also you’ll come off as a stylish in-the-know model. Get it unsuitable, and also you would possibly simply develop into the mother and father your youngsters didn’t wish to introduce to their associates.
Fortuitously, studying to make use of TikTok for your online business isn’t rocket science—nor does it require a social media diploma or certification. This information will present you all the pieces you might want to know to make a TikTok account and begin utilizing it to develop your online business.
First, what’s TikTok?
What Is TikTok?
TikTok is a fast-growing social media platform for creating, watching, and sharing quick movies. It differs from Instagram in that customers can solely share movies, and it varies from YouTube in that the clips are usually quick (15-60 seconds lengthy).
Whereas you will discover content material on nearly any subject on TikTok, the most well-liked movies fall into a couple of frivolous classes:
That’s fairly totally different from LinkedIn’s hottest content material, which revolves round innovation, administration, human sources, and digital advertising. But, no matter your model’s voice or trade, there’s nonetheless a spot for you on TikTok.
TikTok has develop into a refuge for youthful generations. Not like with Fb, most grandparents haven’t jumped on it but, leaving TikTok for the youthful generations to take pleasure in (for now). It’s not the place customers go to compensate for the information or buy groceries (although they nonetheless do)—TikTokers go to the platform to smile, snicker, and have a jolly couple of minutes earlier than getting again to life.
Why Use TikTok for Your Enterprise?
You’ve gotten rather a lot in your plate already. Is TikTok well worth the added time funding?
That’s as much as you to resolve.
Listed here are a couple of advantages to bear in mind:
- Develop Engagement: TikTok has extra engagement than another social media platform. Customers spend a median of 11 minutes per session on TikTok, whereas they solely spend 5 minutes on Pinterest and fewer than 3 minutes on Instagram. If you wish to join together with your viewers for longer than a couple of seconds, TikTok is a wonderful place to do it.
- Drive Gross sales: Customers don’t go to TikTok to buy, nevertheless it finally ends up occurring as a rule—sufficient to set off the trending hashtag #TikTokMadeMeBuyIt. 67% of TikTokers mentioned the app influenced them to buy.
- Construct Connections: TikTokers interact with manufacturers on the platform to see them in a distinct mild, and it normally finally ends up constructing deeper relationships. 73% of TikTok customers really feel stronger connections with manufacturers they observe on the platform.
Constructing model consciousness, engagement, and gross sales—appears like good causes to hitch TikTok, proper? Nevertheless, these are issues you are able to do on nearly any social media platform.
Whenever you use TikTok, you’re going after a goal demographic, and that demographic isn’t child boomers. 25% of energetic TikTok customers are between 10 and 19, whereas near 70% are 39 and youthful. In case your model’s goal market is youngsters and younger adults, TikTok is the place to search out them.
Methods to Make a TikTok Enterprise Account
Prepared to hitch the hip, stylish lots on TikTok? Put in your dancing footwear, brush up in your lip-syncing, and prepare for a wild journey—that is uncharted territory.
First, let’s get you arrange with a TikTok enterprise account.
- Obtain TikTok: Head over to the Apple App Retailer or Android’s Google Play to search out TikTok. Obtain it.
- Signal Up: Create an account. You are able to do this together with your telephone quantity, e mail handle, Fb, Apple, Google, or Twitter. Observe the prompts.
- Change to Enterprise Account: By default, you’ll now have a private account. You could convert it to a enterprise account to unlock efficiency metrics, viewers insights, and inventive instruments. Observe these steps to make it occur:
- Click on “Profile” on the underside menu bar.
- Click on the hamburger menu within the high proper nook.
- Choose “Handle account.”
- Select “Change to Enterprise Account.”
- Observe the setup prompts.
And that’s that. You now have a TikTok enterprise account. Subsequent, you’ll wish to add your profile picture, bio, and hyperlinks. After that, you’re prepared to start out participating on the platform and constructing a following.
Methods to Use TikTok for Your Enterprise: 5 Concepts
You’ve gotten a TikTok enterprise account—now what? It’s time to start out creating content material, participating with the group, and constructing your following. When you’ve received a basis, you’ll be able to start to earn a living with TikTok Procuring, influencer advertising, TikTok commercials, and the like.
Listed here are a couple of methods you should utilize TikTok for your online business.
1. Create High quality (Non-Salesy) Content material
Bear in mind, TikTokers don’t go to the platform to buy round—they wish to be entertained. Leap in with a business strategy, and also you’ll be shunned from the get-go.
Should you’ve ever tried becoming a member of Reddit and self-promoting your content material, you’ll know what we imply.
Your system for achievement on Instagram, Fb, or YouTube received’t work right here—TikTok is a brand-new world. It has its personal greatest practices, unstated guidelines, algorithms, influencers, and advertising methods.
As a substitute of attempting to examine it, simply dive in—that’s one of the simplest ways to know the platform. Begin following high creators to see what they’re doing. What sorts of movies do they publish? How do they work together with the group? How can your model present up on the platform whereas nonetheless remaining true to itself?
After you have an concept of the place to start out, start publishing content material and rising your following. Watch your analytics to see what resonates and what doesn’t.
Discover a cadence and start posting on a constant schedule. TikTok recommends posting 1-4 instances a day, however that may be just a little bit overwhelming at first. As a substitute, begin gradual and work your means up.
Start by posting as soon as per week. Should you’re feeling extra bold, attempt twice per week. Should you can persistently produce top-notch movies on that schedule, attempt posting as soon as per day. Nonetheless really feel straightforward? Transfer on to twice per day.
Bear in mind, it’s all about consistency. Discover a frequency that feels manageable (and enjoyable).
2. Make Cash with TikTok Procuring
Earlier than August 2021, TikTok impressed buying organically. That means an influencer or model would possibly point out an merchandise, and viewers would manually sort in that website’s handle on their desktop or telephone to browse merchandise.
All that modified final yr when TikTok and Shopify introduced TikTok Procuring: an in-app ecommerce buying expertise that lets manufacturers promote merchandise on TikTok.
Manufacturers can now add merchandise from their Shopify catalogs to characteristic on a buying tab on their profile. TikTokers can even tag merchandise in natural posts.
Don’t fear about your TikTok Store till you could have a good following and common views in your content material. Construct first—promote later. Observe this sample to earn TikTok customers’ belief earlier than you begin attempting to shove merchandise of their faces.
When you’ve constructed a strong viewers, add merchandise to your TikTok Store and begin sprinkling in promotions to your natural content material. Preserve it mild, particularly initially.
Some merchandise promote nicely on TikTok, particularly extra visually interesting items like attire and equipment. Promoting a toaster could be tougher, and also you would possibly discover TikTok to be a greater model builder than income maker—and that’s simply tremendous. You’ll by no means know till you attempt.
3. Drive Site visitors with TikTok Adverts
TikTok is an ad-friendly platform that you should utilize to drive visitors to your web site, ecommerce retailer, or touchdown web page. TikTok provides a couple of totally different promoting sorts to assist attain your viewers with probably the most call-to-action-friendly format:
- Picture Adverts: Picture advertisements run in customers’ feeds with a picture, model identify, and quick textual content.
- Video Adverts: 5-60-second full-screen movies displayed in your customers’ feeds.
- Spark Adverts: Increase natural content material (yours or one other model’s) to get proven to extra customers.
- TikTok Promote: TikTok Promote is much like Spark Adverts, however you’ll be able to solely promote your individual content material. It’s a dumbed-down model that makes it quicker and easier to start out selling your content material.
- Carousel Adverts: Carousel advertisements present up within the TikTok Information Feed, exhibiting as much as 10 photos with quick captions.
- Pangle Adverts: Run advertisements throughout the TikTok Viewers Community, which means your advertisements will present up on different purposes outdoors of TikTok.
- TopView Adverts: Fullscreen takeover that launches for 5-60 seconds when a person opens the TikTok app.
- Branded Results: Customized stickers, filters, and particular results to get customers to interact together with your model.
- Branded Hashtag Problem: Brief marketing campaign to gather user-generated content material that encompasses a branded hashtag problem web page.
Inside TikTok’s advert supervisor, you’ll be capable to select your marketing campaign aim, price range, viewers, bidding technique, and inventive optimizations. You may management each nitty-gritty facet of your advert campaigns to make sure high efficiency.
Don’t wish to fear about selecting between all of the totally different advert codecs above? No downside. TikTok provides an computerized placement possibility that’ll permit TikTok to mechanically optimize your advertisements supply to the best-performing sorts.
4. Work with TikTok Influencers to Develop Your Model
Influencers have huge audiences and the know-how to make content material go viral. Accomplice with these professionals to leverage their followers and inventive talents to construct consciousness on your model and develop your following.
Don’t know the place to start out? Go to the TikTok Creator Market—it’ll aid you discover influencers and micro-influencers to work with. You’ll be capable to see engagement charges and follower demographics to see if an influencer is the suitable match on your model.
Should you can’t afford an influencer, take into account working with a microinfluencer. These people typically have smaller audiences however extra close-knit communities. Their attain isn’t as spectacular, however their engagement and affect with their following are normally substantial.
5. Strengthen Buyer Relationships with Engagement
Whereas it’d be good for TikTok to be a money-maker or traffic-driver for your online business, it may possibly serve different functions. You can use TikTok merely as a model group builder.
You can concentrate on posting superior content material and have interaction with the group—no hidden gross sales agenda.
So, what’s the purpose?
Use TikTok to develop your viewers and your relationship with followers. When a person acknowledges your model on Instagram or YouTube, they’ll hopefully observe you there—and you should utilize these extra sales-friendly platforms to advertise your services and products.
Bear in mind: construct first, promote later.
Shifting your focus from advertising and gross sales frees you as much as be extra artistic together with your content material. Sing, dance, snicker, and have enjoyable. It’ll assist you could have a superb time on the platform and make you extra approachable to your viewers.
Take Wendy’s Twitter account, for instance.
How does roasting different manufacturers and even customers assist Wendy’s promote burgers? It makes folks just like the model—and that makes them extra seemingly to purchase from Wendy’s.
Spherical Out Your Entrepreneurial Expertise
Entrepreneurs don’t typically have the luxurious of simply being good at one factor. No, that’s for the company careers.
As an entrepreneur, you might want to know the fundamentals of writing, digital advertising, analysis, financing, product improvement, gross sales, hiring, and a lot extra. It’s rather a lot.
Fortuitously, you don’t must be taught all of it in a single day—and also you don’t must be taught it by your self. Allow us to assist.
Try our library of free programs to be taught all the pieces you might want to know to start out or develop your online business. We’ve got programs on Instagram progress ways, Fb advertisements, copywriting, product improvement, and extra.
Join a course now and begin rounding out your entrepreneurial expertise.